Tuesday, March 13, 2012

 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.
1Corinthians 4:20 NIV


Paul is writing to the Church at Corinth, about to give them a harsh rebuke for their continued arrogance amidst a case of incest in the church. 

But I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power.
1 Corinthians 4:19 NRSV

If the Lord came to my church today, would he find arrogant talk? Would He find rampant sin celebrated, like in the Corinthian church? When the Lord looks at my life, does He see arrogance? Does He see rampant sin being covered by pride? Or does He see the power of the Holy Spirit manifesting the kingdom of God in the earth?

Father, help me to see my arrogance. Remind me of my sin just enough so that I may stop talking, and start manifesting the power of Your kingdom. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment