Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love letter #29: What love is

God's love is:


Challenging

Sonney De Leo
Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. (Mark 10:21)



A benefit to His anointed:
I have found my servant David. I have anointed him with my holy oil.
I will steady him with my hand; with my powerful arm I will make him strong.
His enemies will not defeat him, nor will the wicked overpower him.
I will beat down his adversaries before him and destroy those who hate him.
My faithfulness and unfailing love will be with him, and by my authority he will grow in power. (Psalm 89:20-24 NLT)



Satisfaction to our souls:

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
   that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. (Psalm 90:14)



 You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than lifemy lips will glorify you.  (Psalm 63:1-3)


Deliverance:
“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. (Psalm 91:14)



Salvation:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)


Eternal:
I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
   that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself. (Psalm 89:2)



Redemption and direction:


In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling. (Exodus 15:13 NIV)

A very present help:

And he said, "O LORD, God of my master Abraham, please grant me success today and show steadfast love to my master Abraham. (Gen 24:12 ESV)


Precede the foundation of righteousness and justice:
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you. (Psalm 89:14 NIV)


Something to sing about!:
I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever;
   with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known
   through all generations.  (Psalm 89:1 NIV)



Faithfulness always:
I will maintain my love to him forever,
   and my covenant with him will never fail. (Psalm 89:28 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment